• Main
  • Can you retract a statement made to police

Can you retract a statement made to police

2020-01-25 12:05

Feb 20, 2008 You can not retract a statement as though it were never made but you can give an additional statement correcting, explaining more detail or adding to your original statement. There are occasions where people make additional statements saying that they no longer wish to give evidence or that there original statement was incorrect.If you make a statement to law enforcement then retract, withdraw, or take back that statement, you are recanting it. Anyone who has made a statement to the police, as a witness to a crime or as the victim of a crime may have a reason for wanting to withdraw that statement. For example, you may see a robbery being committed at a local liquor store. can you retract a statement made to police

How can the answer be improved?

How do I retract a statement I made to the Police in relation. you are best to attend court on the day and ask the police prosecutor to ammend the statement that you have made. If you wish to retract the statement all together, unfortunatly if the police think that the evidence put forth is sufficent for a charge of assault, then unfortunatly they may charge him with or without your instruction or consent. I want to retract a statement I made to the Police which was. This has led to understandable frustration amongst police officers. To deal with that they have turned to a policy of summonsing a reluctant witness. They do not summons in every case. It's fair to say that sometimes people are allowed to withdraw.can you retract a statement made to police But they do not have to discontinue the prosecution because you have retracted. They cannot stop you making a statement but that isn't evidence. Once you call the police to domestic squabble now, you lose control over the prosecution Im afraid. Depending on your circumstances though, retraction statements don't achieve much now.

You can not retract a statement once it has been made, even though you keep hearing people say they have done so. What you can do is to make a second statement explaining what was wrong with the first statement and why you made it. The first statement can not be 'unmade' it can you retract a statement made to police You almost certainly would not be charged with wasting police time, i would suggest that you phone the police officer in charge of the case, he should be helpful and listen to your concerns, once you have made a statement and i assume signed to say that you are willing to go to court you cannot simply ignore it and hope that it will go away. If you made a statement as a witness to an incident you cannot retract that statement as you have signed a declaration stating that what you have said in your statement is true. You may state that you are now unwilling to attend court and give evidence, however you may still be summonsed to court to do so if the court deem it necessary. May 04, 2011 Retracting a Police Statement. Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Saldawop, May 4, 2011. May 4, 2011 at 4: 40 PM. Saldawop, May 4, 2011# 1. Saldawop. Wellknown Member. Joined: Googling it, it always mentions you can still be summonsed. I just wondered how likely that would be? Be aware that not everyone will appreciate your overtures. Take comfort in the fact that you have corrected any misinformation no matter what reaction you receive. Hire an attorney when you need to retract a statement made to the police. A false police statement is a serious matter that can result in criminal charges.

Rating: 4.71 / Views: 781

© 2020 - imelre.ml - Sitemap